From Menu and Recipes Week 8/19/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1½ cups milk
- 12 oz processed cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned, drain.
- Combine milk, process cheese and mustard in medium saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion and cayenne pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Combine hot macaroni and cheese mixture in large bowl; toss until well coated.
- Spoon into greased shallow 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.