- 1 x 10-oz. pkg. (about 1¾ cups) plain instant couscous
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- minced zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup minced fresh mint
- ¾ cup minced fresh parsley, or half fresh parsley and half fresh basil or cilantro
- ¼ cup thin-sliced scallions rings, green and white portions
- 1 x 12-oz. English or European cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts, optional
- Cook couscous according to package directions, remove from heat and set aside.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl, and immediately combine oil with it using a large fork to fluff grains.
- When combined, stir in lemon juice to taste, and let mixture cool briefly.
- Stir remaining ingredients into couscous, and sprinkle in more salt, if desired.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Fluff again before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.