Crêpes with poultry and apple
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1½ cups finely cut up chicken or turkey
- ⅔ cup chopped apple
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- seasoning such as Old Bay to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted margarine or butter
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Beat with electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Lightly butter a 7 or 8 inch skillet; heat over medium heat until bubbly, being careful not to burn the butter.
- For each crêpe, pour a scant quarter cup of batter into the skillet.
- Immediately rotate the skillet until a thin film of batter covers the bottom.
- Cook until light brown.
- Run a wide spatula around the edge to loosen, then turn the crêpe and cook until the other side is light brown.
- Stack crêpes on wax paper to prevent sticking.
- Keep covered to prevent them from drying out.
- Heat margarine over low heat until melted.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute.
- Mix chicken, apple, celery, onion and ¾ cup of the thickend broth.
- Place scant ¼ cup chicken mixture on center of each crêpe; roll up.
- Place crêpes seam sides down in ungreased oblong baking dish, 13 x 9.
- Pour remaining broth over crêpes.
- Cook uncovered in 350°F oven until crêpes are hot, about 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.