Makes 8 appetizer servings.
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, drained well
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced calorie Mayonnaise
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 6-ounce package frozen lump or white crab meat, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Cook Onion in margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat until Onion is tender.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; heat thoroughly.
- Stir in rice and Mayonnaise.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup rice mixture into individual baking shells or ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Toss crab meat with lemon juice,
- Top each ramekin with crab meat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Place shells on baking sheet and broil 4 inches from heat source for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over hot mixture before serving, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.