Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings.
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon or (4 ¾ teaspoons fruit juice, grapefruit or lime only)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 4 red radishes, cut into fine matchsticks
- 4 cups lump crab meat
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Cut each head of lettuce in half.
- Lightly trim the rounded end of each half to create a flat surface for the bowl to stand on.
- Carefully remove the core of each half to create four bowls.
- Put each on a plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add scallion and radish; mix to combine.
- Add crab meat and gently toss to coat evenly with vinaigrette.
- Mound a fourth of the crab salad in the center of each lettuce leaf. Garnish with tomatoes.
- The salad can be refrigerated for one day. Pour or spoon contents from the seafood-based vinaigrette into a glass bottle but reserve this in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information Edit
Servings: 3 tablespoons
Carbs 18.8g | Fiber 4.9g