Makes 24 appetizers.
- 24 to 30 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine (approximately)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup crab meat, cartilage removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms.
- Reserve for another usehroom caps lightly with butter.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Combine celery, onion, green pepper and water in small saucepan.
- Cover and cook until tender crisp; drain.
- Combine rice, crab meat, salt, poultry seasoning, pepper and eggs.
- Add cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Stuff mixture into mushroom caps with a spoon.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.