Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 6 to 8 ounces crab meat, drained and cartilage removed*
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Cook Onion and celery in butter until tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, crab meat, pimientos, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, pepper, Mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with Cheese.
- Dip avocado slices in remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Arrange avocado in spoke fashion over Cheese.
- Cover and heat until Cheese melts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.