Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine by Betty Marks
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound fresh lump or backfin crabmeat (imitation crabmeat may be substituted)
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup no-cholesterol, reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ⅛ teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce or other fresh greens
- parsley sprigs
- Pick over crabmeat carefully and place in a bowl.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, pimento, capers and cayenne in a small bowl; toss with crabmeat.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates.
- Place ¼ of crabmeat on each plate.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 122 | Protein: 24 g | Sodium: 329 mg | Cholesterol: 114 mg | Fat: 2 g | Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Exchanges: 2 Low-Fat Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.