- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, preferably canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ lb (2 cups) rhubarb, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- oil lightly an 8-inch square baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into mixing bowl.
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon just to blend.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Turn batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.