- Self-rising flour is not recommended for this recipe.
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp brandy
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cup cranberries, halved
- Generously grease 1-qt mold or casserole.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, soda and baking powder.
- Add brandy, milk, oil and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- Spoon into prepared mold.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place on wire rack in large steamer or kettle.
- Pour boiled water 3-4" deep into steamer; cover.
- Keep water boiling gently over low heat.
- If necessary, add water to maintain steam.
- Steam 1½-2 hrs or until pudding springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool slightly.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve with golden toffee sauce and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Cranberries, walnuts and brandy flavor this traditional holiday favorite.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.