by Jennifer Wickes copyright 2001
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 16 scones.
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons orange zest grated
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and butter a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Blend the butter into the dry ingredients, using your fingertips or a pastry blender, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the orange zest, cranberries and walnuts and toss to combine.
- Add the milk and juice, and stir until the dough is rough.
- Gather the dough together and place on a floured work surface.
- Knead gently about 10 times.
- Divide the dough in half and pat each piece into a circle about 6 inches in diameter and about ½ inch thick.
- Brush the circles with the half and half and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut each circle into eight pie-shaped wedges.
- Place the scones, barely touching, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until puffy and golden, 15-18 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.