Use as a stuffing in one small chicken.
- ¼ cup brown rice, uncooked
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cup mushrooms, (1 ½ lb) sliced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Cook the rice in the water until tender, about 1 hour.
- Saute the remaining ingredients in a skillet until the celery and onion are tender.
- Add the rice and stir to blend.
Nutritional information Edit
- 88 calories
- ½ bread, ½ fruit, 1 fat exchange
- 11 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 4 grams fat 82 mg sodium, 172 mg potassium, 0 cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.