This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 small packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups diced apples
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Melt cranberry sauce over medium heat then drain reserving liquid and berries.
- Mix together cranberry liquid, boiling water and gelatin and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Chill until mixture mounds slightly on a spoon then add mayonnaise and beat until smooth.
- Fold in cranberries, apple and nuts then pour into 2-quart mold.
- Chill overnight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.