Chewy cranberry Oat Bars With an Oat?nut Topping.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cold, cut into 16 pieces
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 16 ounces cranberry sauce, whole berry
- ½ cup orange marmalade, thick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 10x15 jellyroll pan (9x13 Okay).
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in oats, reserving 1½ cups of the mixture.
- Firmly press remainder in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before filling.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, marmalade and vanilla.
- Slowly add remaining ⅓ cup flour, blending thoroughly.
- Spread evenly over baked and cooled crust.
- Add nuts to reserved oat mixture, sprinkle over top of cranberry filling.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Cut into 64 bars.
- Store in Airtight Container One Week, Freeze ForLonger Storage.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.