- Makes about 5 half pints of conserve
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 24 oz cranberries, fresh 
- 2 tbsp orange peel, grated
- 4 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 2 apples, cored, pared and chopped
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Mix the water with the brown sugar in a Dutch oven and heat to boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the nuts and heat to boiling.
- Boil rapidly until the cranberries pop and mixture thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Immediately pour into sterilized jars or glasses or freezer containers and cover tightly, letting them stand until they reach room temperature.
- Refrigerate or freeze no longer than 3 months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.