Cranberrry Spiced Cider from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 star anise
- 5 cups apple cider (non-alcoholic)
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3-4 orange slices
- Place cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a cheesecloth square and tie ends together.
- In a large saucepan, combine spice bag, apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar and orange slices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Discard spice bag and orange slices then pour into mugs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.