Makes 6 servings.
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x 1½ ounce envelope whipped topping mix, prepared
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- Combine rice, milk, sugar and salt in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Cool.
- Fold in prepared whipped topping mix.
- Combine cranberry sauce and sherry, if used.
- Alternate rice mixture and cranberry sauce in parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.