- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb; in ½" pieces
- 1 pie shell; nine inch, unbaked
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Add water and stir until well combined.
- Add rhubarb.
- Cook, stirring often until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 °F. for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile for topping, beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Pour over pie.
- Reduce heat to 325 °F.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with shipped cream and almonds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.