A good dose of heavy cream makes these scones nice and flavourful. Serve them warm from the oven, with a nice fruit or cream cheese spread.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbs butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter and stir in eggs and cream.
- Turn out dough onto a floured board and knead briefly.
- Roll out to 1-inch thick and cut out 2-inch rounds.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake scones in a preheated 400F oven for about 15 minutes
or until tops are brown. Serve warm.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.