- 3 x 12 oz bottles of beer (1 dark and 2 light)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp each cinnamon and salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pour beer into a saucepan, stir in the sugar and spices, and bring to a boil.
- Beat the egg yolks into the cream, add a little hot beer to the mixture, beat well, and pour the mixture back into the rest of the beer, beating constantly with a wire whisk over very low heat to avoid curdling.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to serve, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold them into the soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.