This sounds easy and wonderful. I have not tried it yet, but I will keep my eyes open for some Endive next time I go to the market.
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cored
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped chives
- dill sprigs (to garnish)
- Mince the endives, reserving a few small leaves for garnish.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and endives in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Place the mixture into a blender container or use an immersion blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the milk, salt, and pepper and blend some more.
- Serve hot or cold and garnish with chopped endive leaves, chives, and dill.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.