Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced very fine
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped very fine
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced very fine
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 dash salt
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour and stir 3 minutes.
- Mix in stock and cream.
- Increase heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- Add onion, carrot and green pepper.
- Cook until soft, stirring occasionally about 8 minutes.
- Mix in jalapenos.
- Add both cheeses to cream mixture and stir until melted.
- Mix in vegetables.
- Season with salt and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.