- 3 cups chunky tomato sauce
- 6 oz container plain soy yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 9 oz pkg. soy “meatballs”
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz pkg. Italian-seasoned baked tofu, cubed
- 8 oz diced red and green peppers
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup garlic croutons, or more if desired for garnish
- Freshly grated Soy Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place 2 cups tomato sauce and soy yogurt in container of food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth, and place in large saucepan.
- Heat soup over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté “meatballs” and garlic 2 to 3 minutes, or until both turn golden brown.
- Add to saucepan.
- Stir in remaining tomato sauce, tofu, peppers, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- To serve, spoon soup into bowls, top with croutons and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.