Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (10½ oz.) cans no-salt added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Combine potatoes, onion, green onions, garlic, and broth in a heavy 3 quart saucepan.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Process potato mixture in batches in container of an electric blender or food processor until smooth.
- Combine pureed mixture with milk and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Reheat soup to serving temperature or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Per ¾ cup serving:
- 85 Calories
- Exchange: 1 Starch