Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 2 – 4 servings
- 9 ounce bag fresh spinach, washed and chopped fine
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, 1½ ounces
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese, shredded, ½ cup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium pot; add the cream cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Add the cream, cheddar, and salt and pepper.
- Gently stir until the cheese melts and coats the spinach; serve at once.
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ½ recipe: 545 Calories | 51g Fat | 20g Protein | 6g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 3g Net Carbs
- Per ⅓ recipe: 363 Calories | 34g Fat | 13g Protein | 4g Carbohydrate | 2g Dietary Fiber | 2g Net Carbs
- Per ¼ recipe: 273 Calories | 25g Fat | 10g Protein | 3g Carbohydrate | 1g Dietary Fiber | 2g Net Carbs
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.