This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Novell Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 large fresh turnips
- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Peel and slice turnips then cover with water and boil until tender.
- Drain and mash then add margarine, sugar, salt and pepper then mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray then pour turnip mixture into casserole and top with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.