- 2 large chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shredded carrots
- 4 – 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 4 shallots or small green onions, minced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons dried chervil
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream or just milk if that's all you've got
- ½ cup sour cream
- Sauté onions in butter until translucent.
- Add carrots and toss over medium heat until wilted.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Add rice, shallots, chervil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 40 minutes.
- Purée and bring back to boil (okay, so the puree part is hard too—careful, don't burn yourself!!!).
- Take it off heat and add OJ, cream, sour cream and dust with nutmeg.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.