A Catfish recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped ripe olives
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet bring water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to boiling.
- Add catfish.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer gently for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove from water.
- Cool slightly.
- Finely chop cooked fish.
- In a bowl combine cooked catfish, eggs, celery, ripe olives, dill pickle, and pimento.
- Stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add to catfish mixture, stirring until well combined.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.