Here'a recipe for the soup. I've made this, it's not fancy, but plain, simple and very good. Really easy to make. — Jane
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp butter (no substitutions)
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground mustard (dry, i use Coleman's)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (10½ oz) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion in butter about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper and mustard.
- Stir in milk and broth.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese; heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until cheese is melted.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.