This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hakes Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 white turnips peeled and sliced
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot cook turnips in boiling salted water for 20 minutes then drain and mash.
- Beat in the softened cream cheese, sugar and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.