Contributed by: Edit
- 8 cups chicken broth or bouillon
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery with leaves, sliced
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz uncooked egg noodles
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a large saucepan combine broth, cooked chicken, carrots, celery, onion and salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add noodles and cook on medium heat until almost done.
- Stir in one cup of milk at this time.
- Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and flour; slowly stir into soup mixture and boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir in butter or margarine.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Make broth by cooking three or four chicken breast (you can also use dark meat)in the 8 cups of water.
- You will need to salt the chicken and maybe add a little salt to the water.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.