This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stewart Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup white onion chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli thawed
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender then add flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth then cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.