- Makes about ¾ cup
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup half and half or milk
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg to taste
- In a 2-cup measure, beat egg until well blended.
- Beat in half-and-half and sugar.
- Microwave on 70% power until thick (3 to 3-½ minutes), stirring rapidly with a fork once a minute.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then stir in rum, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Vanilla cream variation Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.