A perennial favorite with kids, this all-purpose dip can also be used as a sandwich spread.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.14.07
- Active time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- Makes about ½ cup
- ¼ cup reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- pinch of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl and stir in buttermilk (or milk) until smooth.
- Mix in chives (or scallions), dill (or parsley), horseradish, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Make ahead tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 tbsp serving:
- 20 calories | 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono) | 5 mg cholesterol | 1 g carbohydrate | 1 g protein | 0 g fiber | 72 mg sodium | 18 mg potassium.
- Exchanges: free food
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.