Desription[edit | edit source]
ChupaNote: I use this dressing tossed with black beans and brown rice salad. Also good on baked potatoes.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well, Spring 2003
- Formatted by Chupa Babi: 09.11.07
- Active time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes
- Makes about ½ cup
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh  is better but prepared is OK
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno, or serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make ahead tip: cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tip: to juice a lime: a lime at room temperature gives the most juice (1½-2 tablespoons). Before juicing, roll the lime on the counter, pressing down with your hand. If the recipe calls for both zest and juice, grate the zest before squeezing the juice.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
Per 1 tbsp serving:
- 20 calories | 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono) | 4 mg cholesterol | 2 g carbohydrate | 0 g protein | 0 g fiber | 81 mg sodium | 29 mg potassium.
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
- Exchanges: Free food
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.