This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tinsley Estate in Venus, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounces dry noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 4 green onions minced
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped and sautéed in butter
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and toss with vegetable oil.
- Sauté celery.
- Combine sour cream and flour in a large bowl mixing well.
- Stir in cottage cheese, celery, green onions and spices of your choice.
- Fold noodles into mixture until well combined.
- Lightly spray the inside of a 2-quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour in noodle mixture then sprinkle top with cheese and cook at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and allow to cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let sit until bubbling subsides.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.