Creamy PeanutSoup This can be either be made as a pureed soup variety to be creamy or left with chunks of vegetables as a stew.
- 2 cups chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne or other ground chilies
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup smooth Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Finely chopped scallions (green onions)
- Finely chopped roasted peanuts
Sauté Onion in oil until it is translucent. Stir in Cayenne and ginger. Add carrots and sauté a couple minutes more. Mix in potatoes and stock, bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes or (until the vegetables are tender). Puree the vegetables with tomato juice in a blender or food processor. Return the puree to the pot. Stir in the Peanut butter until smooth. Check sweetness and add Sugar if necessary. Reheat gently, using a heat diffuser if necessary to prevent scorching. Add more water, stock, or tomato juice to make a thinner soup if desired. Serve topped with plenty of chopped scallions and chopped roasted peanuts.