- 1 lb light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Mix the sugar, salt, milk and butter in a heavy pot.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the pecans and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it reaches the soft ball stage (234 to 240°F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then stir rapidly until the mixture begins to thicken and lightly coats the pecans.
- Drop by tablespoons onto wax or parchment paper.
- When the pralines have cooled, gently lift from the surface with a knife and store in an airtight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.