Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3⅓ cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup halved maraschino cherry, drained
- Combine rice, raisins, salt and 3 cups milk in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter to hot mixture; mix well.
- Combine sugar, eggs and remaining ⅓ cup milk; add to pudding, stirring constantly.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- Place maraschino cherry on paper towels to remove excess syrup; stir into pudding.
- Spoon rice pudding into 8 individual dessert dishes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.