Makes 16 servings ½ cup servings
- 1 x 15¼-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1 x 3-ounce package lemon flavor gelatin
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- Drain pineapple. Set aside.
- Add water to juice to make ¾ cup. Heat to boiling.
- Add gelatin; stir to dissolve.
- Stir in ginger ale.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Add chunks of maraschino cherry, if desired.
- Beat gelatin mixture until frothy.
- Add pineapple, rice and nuts.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Alternate layers of pudding and cookie crumbs in parfait glasses, making 3 layers of pudding and 2 of crumbs.
- Or spoon pudding into dessert dishes and top with crumbs.
- Return to refrigerator to set.
- Garnish with extra whipped cream and pineapple.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.