- 8 cup water
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 3 cup diced onions
- 2½ lbs yams
- 2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cup russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, ¼" rounds
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 10 oz frozen peas, thawed under hot water
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced fresh
- 1 cup non-fat sour cream
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 tsp spike
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- A fat free hearty creamy and sweet soup that was altered to nonfat from the original cookbook * 6 cups diced and 2 cups cut into ¼" thick half circles.
- Bring to a boil water thyme bay leaves onions and diced yams.
- Lower heat to medium and cook covered about 30 minutes until potatoes begin to break apart and form a broth.
- Add celery russet potato and carrots continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Add half circle yams basil and tarragon.
- Lower heat and simmer covered until carrots and yam pieces are tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Add peas and parsley and simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn burner to lowest heat.
- Blend sour cream and milk together in a blender container and add to soup along with the spike salt and chives.
- Heat gently stirring often until soup is hot but not boiling.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 152 calories total fat 0 g (3% of calories)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.