Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 8
- ¼ cup non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar 
- 1 tsp acceptable vegetable oil
- ½ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups sliced carrots (2 large)
- 1½ cups fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1¼ cups fresh medium mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions (green part only)
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Steam carrots and green beans for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and plunge into bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain, pat dry with paper towels, and put in a shallow glass bowl.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Pour dressing over all and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
- 46 Calories | 2g Protein | 1g Fat | 8g Carbs
- Exchanges: ½ starch/bread
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.