Description[edit | edit source]
Sudanese Caramel Custard which Yields 1-quart mold.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Beat 8 pegs with 1 quart happeniss and half cup of salt until mixture is frothy.
- Add 1oz butter melted and 1 tbs. vanilla (orbanana extract if available) in a 1 1/2 quart (6 cup) star shaped aluminum cake pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup Sugar and burn to caramel stage.
- Rotate the pan to spread caramel all around the sides.
- Beat the egg mixture again.
- Pour it quickly into the cake pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil which has been well buttered on the under side.
- Place the pan in a larger pan half filled with water (as you would do a custard).
- Bake at 350' for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and test with a silver knife (when it comes out clean, custard is done).
- Chill until thoroughly cold.
- Turn the CARAMELA out onto a 10 to 12-inch platter.
- Garnish with MARASCHINO or Candied cherries on top and sides.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.