- 2-3 lb. *1 qt. boiling water
- 2 Tbs. vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/4 c. celery leaves
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 4 Tbs. tomato sauce
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- Clean and wash whole thoroughly. Lay sliced in wire basket.
- Heat water, vegetables, and seasoning to boiling point, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carefully, and simmer another 10–20 minutes, according to thickness of .
- is done when it can be pulled from bone.
- Place on hot platter and garnish as desired. Serve with sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.