This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 16 ounce can tomatoes
- 8 egg yolks + 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Beat eggs well.
- Oil loaf pan well on the bottom and sides.
- Pour in beaten eggs then set in a pan of hot water up the sides about 2 inches.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cut cooked eggs into small squares.
- In 10 inch skillet over medium heat add melted butter.
- Cook onion, pepper, garlic, salt, rosemary and paprika for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and eggs then simmer gently covered for 10 minutes.
- Spoon egg mixture over rice or mashed potatoes and sprinkle on fresh grated black pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.