This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Day Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound fresh snap beans
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 5 new potatoes soaked in water with a little soda then scraped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine all ingredients in a small stew pan then cover with a tight fitting lid and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook 15 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.