I put it on a whole wheat roll with fat-free mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, and onion. It was quite filling. Oh, and I made a much bigger patty than this serving size, it was a little bigger than a typical hamburger bun. With this size patty, I would say this recipe makes about 3 patties.
- Source: The 8-Week Cholesterol Cure Cookbook by Robert E. Kowalski.
- 4 cup cooked red or pink beans drained
- ¼ tbsp cayenne
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- Tabasco to taste
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tbsp thyme
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup (approx.) apple fiber
- In a food processor or blender, combine beans, onions, red pepper, parsley, cayenne, Tabasco, thyme, garlic powder, and ¼ cup of the apple fiber.
- Process until smooth.
- Place remaining apple fiber in a shallow bowl.
- Dipping your hands in the apple fiber, shape the bean puree into patties about 2½ inches in diameter and ¾ inch thick.
- Spray a skillet with PAM or Baker's Joy and heat.
- Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side.
- cholesterol: 0 | calories: 83.6 | sodium: 101.79 mg | fat: .38 grams