Makes 4 servings
- ¾ pound smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 x 14½-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 package (4- to 6-ounce) Spanish-flavored seasoned rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sausage and onion.
- Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and peas.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes until peas are thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in rice, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.