Makes 6 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 x 28-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- 1 pound farm-raised catfish fillets cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion, pepper and celery in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, garlic powder, salt, chili powder and pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until flakes easily with fork.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.