- 2 lbs lean round steak 
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes
- ½ cup raw rice 
- 1 cup condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
- Cut steak into 7 equal serving pieces.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika, and pepper, dredge meat in mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Lightly brown onions and green peppers and remove from oil.
- Brown meat in remaining oil.
- Cover meat with onions and green peppers.
- Cut up tomatoes and add with their liquid to meat.
- Sprinkle rice into pan; add broth and water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down, and cover tightly.
- Simmer 1½ hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information Edit
- Nutritive value per serving: cho 21 gm., pro 30 gm., fat 22 gm. Calories 409, sodium 1018 mg.
- Food exchanges per serving: 4 medium-fat meat + 1 bread + 1 vegetable
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.